Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Austin?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Austin? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your property for camera installations: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. While your installation team can advise where to start, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Even though it may seem crazy that a criminal would attempt to just stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions happen at this obvious access point. There are also package thieves among other risks to think about. A doorbell camera is ideal to manage all of these worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you are able to converse with people who walk up and press the button. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can reply to each instance with two-direction audio and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. In the event someone begins doing something nefarious, you are able to have your video surveillance automatically capture footage and transmit it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging task. Luckily, there are some useful suggestions to greatly increase the likelihood that your property is defended properly.
- Corners of your Austin residence provide a large sightline, as you can see two parts of your property.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or directly into a length of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any entryway not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that may block your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions For Getting The Most From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Austin. However, the added adaptability results in there being other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window can cast a glare on your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a surveillance device located in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest video camera won’t help you much if there is a plant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (512) 641-0712 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.