In the past, your home security devices were restricted to where wires could be connected. You could forget about placing a video camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a mobile device. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the development of wireless systems. You now have a range of extra benefits to enjoy -- like online access to your system, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and easy system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Austin will protect your home while making your life easier.
Things To Think About If You Go Wireless
Maybe the most essential facet of wireless home security can be summed up in the following words - internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, look for options that have cellular and battery backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring team without interruption.
If you make your home in a rural setting without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will likely be a better choice. Or It could also be to your advantage financially to choose a wired installation if you live in a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Austin will elevate your family’s protection, which is the primary goal in the first place. However, if you like the chance of using the most advanced features, review these benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Enjoy access to all the components in your residence from your lighting to your thermostat right from your smartphone using the ADT Control app. You are able to view who’s at the front door, switch on your lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you neglected to do so. When an emergency comes up, you can have notifications dispatched right to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you may place them practically in any location and in less time. If you would like to customize later with new equipment, integrating devices into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with fast, two-way communications. Program your devices to act in specific circumstances to enhance your protection and deter home invasions. For instance, if your outside surveillance detects suspicious disturbances around your home, it can instantly prompt your interior lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Austin
Even though wireless home security systems in Austin have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at some of the most prevalent sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components may run out of power. However, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally need to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders for some packages to boost your versatility.
- Comparable to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of being hacked persists. You can take action to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing strong passwords, never using default configurations, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only install security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Experts
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Austin wireless home security? Call (512) 641-0712 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the perfect package for your residence.