How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Austin
Security cameras can easily be used as a hindrance—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are armed with a number of tools all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools help you to get the most from security cameras in Austin.
How To Set Up Your Austin Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your video surveillance at the ideal points around your residence is the right place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great notion to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear scene of your porch, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Austin. The features described below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your phone the instant unusual motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone through the unit. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Austin is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (512) 641-0712 or fill out the form below to get started building your security system today.