If you’re the same as a lot of property owners, you want your home to be safeguarded 24/7. but, will a home security system work in Austin?
The quick answer: affirmative. But, how do you get the most from your security system? Not only do the sensors and alarms bring wonderful peace-of-mind, the state-of-the-art components give a level of convenience and management you might not have thought about previously. By using automation, video surveillance, and access through a phone app, you can have a secure home that’s truly accessible.
Let's stop for a second to explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great recommendation for your house.
Indispensable Security Features
So you can ensure your Austin home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these indispensable security components:
- Entryway sensors: You could find this surprising, but plenty of thieves come into your home through the front door. The other two most recurrent targets are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are considered the foundation of your home security. When the system is activated and your door or window sensors are triggered, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will go off and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen command center: Gone are the hard-to-work pin pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now arm and disarm your security devices. These hubs will also direct your automation, home security cameras, and monitoring.
- smartphone app: The best security system let you manage every aspect of your security system through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm trips, you will see a pop-up text to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your entryway alarms anywhere, set smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a yard sign or a window cling, these do warn a would-be burglar that your property is protected.
But Can A Alarm System Lower Your Chance Of A Intrusion?
While it could seem like an overreaction to install sensors and set-up a security app when you already have deadbolts and reside in a safe neighborhood, studies support the notion that an alarm system can still guard your home. For example, a study out of Rutger University sees that most thieves will actively avoid homes with a security system installed. Instead they’ll opt to break-into a better house that is unprotected.
That meshes with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized homes don’t use a home security. In other words, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be broken into than houses that are secured. And while just displaying that your house is protected helps discourage forceful entry, other things -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also help discourage thieves.
Of course, state-of-the-art home security can do more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you can use some other components and services that make a home security system safe and secure.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a security system work in Austin when they don’t have 24/7 monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the winning bet and round-the-clock monitoring from security experts can ensure emergency services arrive to the scene faster after a tripped device.
Monitoring agents are there to protect you day or night -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re not on site to hear your system going off, the monitoring agents get a hold of you and the proper emergency service after a tripped alarm event. Even when you’re home, you will be busy making sure family and animal are safe and accounted for.
Get The Same Monitored Protection For Flood, Fire, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you get your security system, you have the option to install much more than security alarms. components like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be connected to your overall set-up. If an disaster is detected, your components will trigger just like your security alarms. Then when the high-decibel siren goes off, your 24/7 monitoring team are notified, and a text will be sent to your smartphone.
There’s also a panic button, which can be easily connected to you or a family member through a pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall emergency or a medical problem, they can simply hit a two-finger button to call your monitoring agent.
Add Security, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s home automation alarms and cameras can bring you a tier of control and comfort you’ve never got before. They can make your home more energy-efficient and intelligent. And when you connect home automation to your home security system, they can also make your house more secure. For example:
- Put your smart lighting on a pre-set schedule to make it seem like your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lighting turn on when your outdoor camera detects suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your doors, flip off your lights, and turn down the temperature when you leave the house.
- Make personalized scenes that can pre-program your lights, smart thermostat, alarms, cameras, and other devices with a single touch of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your devices and manage your alarms and cameras with your security app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll conserve through automation, and you’ll realize how much you can use a smart home security system in Austin. You will also be able to direct your devices with your voice when you pair your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your Home With Smart Cameras
Security signage and outside lights are effective intrusion disincentives, but smart cameras can take your protection to another level. The worst thing an intruder wants is to be caught on a security camera as the footage may be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to check out the sound you heard in the back yard? Would you like to check on the kids after school? Has your package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you have to do is to open the feed from your mobile app. You might also receive notifications on your phone whenever a guest comes on your porch or the camera sees sudden motion. If you choose, you can talk with who’s there with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Find Your Home Security System In Austin?
Want help to create a security system that works in Austin? Our security experts can help you choose the most useful alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Contact us today at (512) 641-0712 or complete the form below.