What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Austin?
In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You put a component with a microphone on a table next to the sleeping area, which sends audio signals to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. However, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. To illustrate, today’s monitors now include high-definition video feeds and 2-way communication. You can even hook many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you are able to move around throughout your home. The top baby monitors in Austin are so sophisticated that they are similar to indoor security cameras in both capabilities and price.
Can you switch baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras share comparable functionality, you will find quite a few parents in Austin linking their baby's room to their overall home defense. It’s a smart approach -- specifically if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will include:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to quiet your baby back to a gentle slumber. Your reassuring words might be all you need to keep bundle of joy sleeping.
● Sensors and alerts: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system stay on constantly to watch your baby sleep, your attention may start to lag. However, when your camera detects unexpected movements, it can be programmed to send a text alert on your phone. This is helpful when your adventurous newborn quietly scrambles out of the crib or if a pet sneaks into the space.
● Video recordings: Many baby monitors aren’t able to save the video. You can now transmit a brief sample to grandparents to let them see what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Smartphone access: In lieu of having to lug monitoring equipment wherever you go, you can watch from your smart home mobile app. You can even touch base with your child and sitter if you’re able to get a date night.